Talk:List of Proposals
Planned Features vs List of Proposals
Continuing the discussion from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.msg5040430#msg5040430. The last post:
so we have two options:
1. to have planned features (http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/Planned_Features) with final description
- and a big think box which contains all ideas (http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/List_of_Proposals)
2. to have planned features (http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/Planned_Features) with final description
- - extended by a sub topic "Think Box"
In general, could the discussion Tab from Planned Features be the Think Box?
In any case we should restructure the "Planned_Features" to have just the feature as a link. Behind that link we find the description of that specific feature. The "Account Control" Page could be the reference for the detailed description.
That would make it well structured like: + Feature Name =link=> Detailed Description Page like. (same as already for Account Control)
- I'd prefer 1). Remember that there are lots of newbies who use the wiki. I'd like to keep Planned Features as part of the easy-to-read, introductory About Nxt articles. And consequently keep the Planned Features discussion tab for discussing how to keep such a page introductory and easy to read.
- If you have any ideas about how to restructure pages, feel free to post them on the respective pages' Discussion tab. Or just go ahead, be bold and make the changes! :) The wiki is for everyone to edit, and if folks don't like the changes, we can revert them, or make other improvements. --Zahlen (talk) 20:31, 9 February 2014 (MST)
- I, too, am in favor of the first option. I'd rather have the main "planned features" to be a list of things that are already decided on -- not things that are possible. A wiki CAN be used as a development tool but I see it as a capture of things that HAVE happened. I'd rather have "new" Nxt users see a list of upcoming features that are "factual" than a page full of debate and discussion!