1 Installing the official Nxt Client on Windows
1.1 Installation instructions
- Download the Windows installer for the latest official Nxt Client 1.11.14 from https://www.jelurida.com/nxt-client.exe
- Run the installer and follow the instructions on screen. Icons will be created by default in your desktop and Start Menu.
- You can now run the Nxt software.If you already have created a Nxt account, click in 'Returning User' to introduce your passphrase. If you need to create your Nxt account, click here for instructions to Create a New Nxt Account.
1.2 Need help?
Visit the Nxt Support Center, ask community experts in the Nxt Forum or take a look at the FAQ!
1.3 Security Tips
- When creating a Nxt account, if you design your own passphrase, ONLY USE a high security passphrase (50+ characters, truly random, including upper case and lower case letters, numbers and symbols). Your NXT WILL eventually be stolen if you don't use a secure passphrase! Here's how to choose a strong password.
- Nxt's peer-to-peer communications port is 7874 (tcp). This port is the only port that needs to be open to run Nxt.
- Nxt also uses port 7876 for its web client interface. You should close port 7876 on your firewall to prevent other people from accessing your server.