Coin Shuffling is a privacy feature which enables users to mix their funds quickly and efficiently with other users' funds by creating a random mapping between the existing user accounts and a new recipient accounts provided by the users.
2 Shuffling Menu
Coin Shuffling is accessed by clicking on Shuffling in the left-pane menu area of the Nxt Client Interface, causing a submenu to appear:
|Shuffling: This item expands or contracts the submenu below and opens the Active Shufflings page which lists the active shufflings.|
|Active Shufflings: This item displays a list of all Active Shufflings.|
|My Shufflings: This item displays all the shufflings in which the current account participates.|
|Create Shuffling: This item opens a pop-up entry form for creating a new shuffling as described in Create Shuffling.|
2.1 Active Shufflings Page
- Shuffling clicking on a shuffling link in the Shuffling column opens a detail pop-up which displays details about the shuffling state and the list of senders and recipients in case the shuffling is complete.
- Stage displays the current stage of the shuffling process.
- Holding shows the type of holding used for shuffling asset, currency or nxt.
- Amount is the common amount to shuffle specified in the holding unit.
- Blocks Remaining is the number of blocks until shuffling is cancelled unless the required information necessary for the shuffling to advance to the next stage is provided.
- Participants shows the existing number of shuffling registrants and the number of required registrants in order for shuffling processing to begin.
- Assignee represents account who last updated the shuffling or the account which needs to specify the next piece of data.
- Status displays 'join' in case the user is still not registered for the shuffling or the shuffler status in case the user has registered.
2.2 My Shufflings Page
- First columns are similar to the active shufflings page.
- The Shuffler, Recipient and State columns represent the status of the Shuffler component which manages the shuffling process for the current account and shuffling.
2.3 Create Shuffling Modal
- Create a new Shuffling.
- Holding Type is the token used by the shuffling. NXT, Asset id or Currency name.
- Amount the common amount used by all shuffling participants, specified in the holding token.
- Register Until shuffling registration deadline. If required number of participants do not register by this block height the shuffling is cancelled and all funds are returned without fine.
- Participant Count number of registrants required to trigger the shuffling. Between 3 and 30.
2.4 Start Shuffler Modal
- Start the shuffler process on the current node to coordinate the shuffling
- Recipient Passphrase the passphrase of the recipient account for your shuffling participant. Do not lose this passphrase since it is the passphrase to your shuffled funds.
- Recipient Account account id derived from the recipient passphrase (read only field).