How-To:Create Nxt Accounts for Site Users
Developers have provided some insights into good methods for implementing features in your software. This tip was created by the developers at https://www.bit777.com/ for their online casino.
One way to generate Nxt accounts for web site users
In order to integrate Nxt into sites where deposits and withdrawals are used and balances must be maintained, you may have to programmatically generate Nxt account numbers automatically.
- Generate a random, unique password for the user
- Calculate the public key derived from the passphrase using the nrs.encryption.js NRS.getPublicKey() function
- Send this API call using the calculated public key:
- Check to see if the generated account is a collision with an existing account by issuing this API call:
- If the account does not yet exist, this call should return error code 5, "unknown account", in a JSON object.
- You could also verify the account is not a collision by checking to see if any transactions exist on the blockchain for the generated account number:
- Store the generated password and account number securely, and associate them with the the site user's local userID.